As a Chartered Council of Prevent Child Abuse Indiana, Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County serves as a catalyst for preventing child abuse in all its forms and thereby enhancing the quality of life for children and families in Johnson County and surrounding areas.
The vision of Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County is to live in a state where children flourish, free from abuse and neglect. Therefore, child abuse and neglect should be prevented before the pain has been inflicted.
Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County works with community, state and national groups to expand and disseminate information about child abuse prevention. Further, Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County translates that information into action through the development of sound child- and family-oriented policies, community-based prevention activities, public awareness and educational initiatives.
Prevent Child Abuse Johnson County is governed by a geographically and culturally diverse Board of Directors, dedicated to the mission of the organization.
- Lunch N’ Learn Training Program – provide continuing education for youth development professionals, child welfare advocates, home visitors, services providers, juvenile justice professionals, faith leaders, school professionals, and volunteers who work with youth and families, through affordable venues
- Children’s Awareness Program – provide grant money to Johnson County Schools to bring the Body Safety Program to all school age children, or a similar program if desired
- We hold a special event in April to promote Child Abuse Awareness Month
- We participate in the JC Fall Festival in the parade
- We share information with families that provide educational topics for parents as well as provide the general public with resources on the prevention of child abuse and neglect